Summary about the position:
We are looking for a Senior Backend Developer to manage the software development life cycle, from planning and prioritizing to testing and release.
Senior Backend Developer responsibilities include gathering system and user requirements, building modules and testing features before release. If you have hands-on experience developing software with agile methodologies and are ready to lead our junior developers, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will deploy and maintain functional, secure and high-quality applications.
- Perform coding, code commenting, debugging, bug fixing, testing, code reviewing and other related activities in accordance with company coding conventions, approved designs and project standards;
- Follow the existing company, team and project processes and procedures and suggest how to improve them;
- Work with project manager and quality assurance representative to estimate issue resolution or package implementation efforts;
- Write technical design specifications, participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations;
- Perform unit and integration testing of an application and identify, troubleshoot and solve application code related issues;
Things we are looking for:
- Experience and interest in leading the team will be considered as a big advantage;
- Readiness to share your knowledge with less experienced colleagues, but also to learn new concepts and software technologies as needs arise;
- Passion about clean code, enjoy pair-programming, TDD, & code reviews;
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively – both verbally and in written communication;
- Good knowledge of English (written and spoken);
- Review and estimation of user stories in an agile process;
Experience and education:
- 4+ years of work experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields
- Excellent knowledge of Java programming language
- Experience using RDBS: MySQL, Oracle, Postgres etc.
- Experience with testing using JUnit and Mockito or similar tools
- Experience working with RESTful services
- Knowledge of Maven
- Effective use of the Git source control system including branching, merging and pull requests
- Experience with microservice architecture
- Deep usage of Container Concepts (e.g. Docker tool)
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Jenkins) will be considered as a plus
- Experience with Cloud environments will be considered as a plus
- Experience with Scrum methodology