VP of Sales, EMEA
Are you looking to be part of a proven, funded pioneering start-up that is transforming sourcing materials for fashion and footwear brands? Is it important to be part of the next big global tech company that is revolutionizing one of the most pollutive industries in the world through promoting sustainable production practices?
Founded in 2018, Swedish company Material Exchange is an international one-stop Marketplace where data meets innovation in a technology platform that simplifies the materials sourcing process for both buyers and suppliers. Making such a big vision happen can only happen with great talent so we are looking for out-of-the-box thinkers. If you dislike paper and are an aspiring hero for our planet, and want to join a growing international team of ambitious and friendly industry disruptors, we should talk!
WHO WE WANT TO HIRE:
We are looking for a Vice President of Sales to connect and build relationships. You will be responsible for driving company-defined sales objectives and achieving commercial budget and targets. This includes identifying new sales opportunities and building relationships for the preservation and expansion of Material Exchange customer base which includes suppliers, buyers/brands and manufacturers. Over time, this position will build a high-performing regional team by providing strong mentorship, coaching and guidance to team members.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Self-motivated, inspired, team player, people person
- An outgoing doer who becomes the company engine driving business growth across Europe
- Like variety, a fast-paced environment, dynamic energy
- Life-long learner, want to grow in your role, and push the barriers of possibility
- A business-minded hunter with a strong ability to understand customer needs, value creation, emerging opportunities, and bottom-line results
- A natural leader, collaborative team player, dynamic performer
- A great communicator, skilled influencer, with an ability to ‘read’ people and situations
- Winning mindset, ability to negotiate at international level and navigate fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
You will bring your experience, skills, and salesmanship for sales outreach to cultivate, develop and maintain connections, convert interest into customer relationships, manage the sales pipeline, develop business plans, conduct presentations, coach and inspire others around sales and Material Exchange throughout EMEA. You will use a CRM to manage and document the entire sales cycle, identify opportunities and next-action steps to progress customer relationships, and report activities and results. If it’s about sales, driving revenue, and/or building our customer base, it will be part of your role in some way.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Sales skills: ambitious, entrepreneurial and highly professional; ability to “think BIG”; readiness to go the extra mile; strong relationship-building skills; adaptability and productivity in responding to dynamic market conditions; knowledge and experience in strategizing, developing, implementing and optimizing multi-phase, multi-touch sales activities and initiatives; strong customer service orientation; a passion for winning; positive mindset; experience and ability to handle international negotiations; strong networker; effective cold calling; versed in a range of sales tactics; comfortable interacting with people at any level of organization or experience; maximize customer loyalty; ability to meet company quotas
- Leadership skills: a results-oriented motivating leader and natural team player; strengths-based personnel development; good judgment and discernment in decision-making and handling simultaneous projects; understand the buying journey and Material Exchange revenue model; public speaking; on top of emerging trends and market conversations for needs and wants; stay current on Material Exchange offers and promotions; anticipate needs and solve issues before they become problems
- Administrative skills: effectively prepares and then shares plans, challenges, progress, and results; experience developing presentations; communication with other team members re: marketing needs and opportunities; ability to identify and communicate process improvements; attention to detail so others can follow progress; work within budget parameters
- Technical skills: HubSpot, Salesforce or other CRM experience; experience with project management software
- Other basics: bachelor’s degree and 10+ years’ of experience developing, managing and selling direct – a plus to also have channel experience; at least 6 years’ experience in managing sales personnel; may need to travel; fluent in English and preferably another European language; industry experience of digital transformation, sourcing processes for Footwear, Apparel and Materials Management knowledge are a MAJOR plus. Lastly you should also have a good network of footwear and apparel brands and an interest in being a hero for the planet through sustainability.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We offer the opportunity to join a fast-growing international start-up that is on the leading edge of innovation in materials sourcing. We are a group of colleagues who are extremely passionate about our individual craft, what we’re creating together, and each other. We support our employees with competitive compensation, as well as flexible working hours and remote working capabilities.
We embrace diversity and inclusion, respect and value differences, and appreciate diverse life experiences. We know when people from different backgrounds and points of view work together, we can create significant change and value – for our customers, partners, employees and for the planet.
Interested in helping change an industry that touches nearly every person on the planet (meaning anybody who wears clothes and shoes) through this position? Please send your CV! We will review CVs on an ongoing basis and interviews will be arranged for shortlisted candidates.
Please contact us, include the job title in the subject:
We do take care about your personal data. If you leave any personal data when contacting us do not worry. For more information, please read our Privacy Notice.